Saturday, May 15, 2010

At the Seamstress Again

...Wednesday..May 12th, is the day my stuff should be ready... the navy blue jacket and the black linen pants... Sky called and confirmed they were ready.... Not wanting to miss the Fat club lunch walk, i plan on leaving around 3pm to go pick up the stuff...Everywhere closes at 5, even on the weekends....How do they expect you to shop? The department stores are open till 8:30, but who cares, as you can't bargain there.... My boss suggests leaving at 2 as this will give me more time, as i need to order another Chinese dress... I need a dress for Kelz graduation and won't have time when i get home to go shopping...

2 pm and the driver is here, so i am off to New Mart..He comes in with me, so he can be the translator...There's an elevator operator sitting in the elevator... not sure what's the need for an operator, as there are only 6 floors....so she selects the floors...reads her newspaper, and talks on the phone... The first time we caught it, the alarm went off as it was overweight... the driver had to get off... I thought she and her chair could get off...and we could fit like 2 more people....

The seamstress is this petite woman...really snazzy dresser...always wearing what she makes...usually fancy skirt suits...with heels.... her sister is also a seamstress...i think they work together.... my jacket is ready...and so is the linen pants... I try on the jacket...the pant can wait until i get home...there's no fitting room, and she proceeds to hand me a sheet to cover up with and try it on...LOL...these people are craaaazy! It's near my aprt so not a problem for me to take it back another time... the loops are missing on the pant, so she says to wait while she does it...i have time and need to go order my dress, so i tell her 4:30... off to the next seamstress....

As usual...they are happy to see me....It's a group of older ladies..actually two different stalls, but they work together.... i am ordering a long traditional chinese dress for my daughter's graduation.... now i can't seem to find the style i had in mind... they are giving me all the books they have, and somehow they look different from the last time.... I finally decide on a style....now for the fabric.... decided on the blue, but then when time to choose the piping, i wasn't buying the blue with the purple, even though it matched....so i switched back to the lavender...I made sure to have the driver explain that i needed it loose, not like the other one that fit like a second skin...I want to be able to breathe in this one...and sit down without the seams ripping... I think they finally got it, so we will see when i pick it up..

Time for the driver to go get my boss, so i bid him farewell, as i was going to do some shopping downstairs.... I totally missed the shoe floor when i was here the other couple of times... I have never seen so many converses in my life.... I ended up getting Kelsea a black pair...for about $4.50 US...lol.... I see a red plaid high top one, but need to make sure she wants high top before i buy it. This is not America, where i can return/exchange...hehe... Everyone is calling me to come to their stall... And who is not calling is staring and pointing to my hair.... I am out of shoes now...into custome jewelry.... looking for rings...not really finding the ones i am looking for.... Lavender...this will work...i can wear it with the chinese dress..... Now it's on to hair pins.... I must be opening an hair pin store, as i already bought so many.... This bargaining is like a game to me now... They write a price, I study it, slash it in less than half...and smile...they laugh, and think i am kidding, when i am dead serious...few minutes later, it's mine for my asking price...What am i going to do when i get back home and can no longer bargain?

4:30 now...time to pick up my pants and head home.... Can't pass up a trip to MacDonald's...the fried chicken looks so inviting, so that's what i get... Back at the hotel, i dig in....OMG...it's spicy chicken wings...just like KFC...and taste soooo good.... Must go back and try it again... I need to find out from Kelz if MacDonald's in the states sells chicken wings... If not, they need to start....

No comments:

Post a Comment